Re: Netflix HTML5 player in IE 11 on Windows 8.1

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 3:42 AM, Andreas Kuckartz <A.Kuckartz@ping.de>wrote:

> > This work is at the beginning of the W3C Recommendation process, but
> > has not yet emerged as a W3C "standard".
>
> Thanks for agreeing that Netflix is publicly misrepresenting the situation.

For the record, we are careful to link directly to the draft documents,
which note their status clearly. In the blog posts we refer to these
variously as "proposed extensions", "initiatives" etc. We do not use the
words "standard" or "recommendation" and there is certainly no intention to
misrepresent.