Re: 'contrary to principles'

David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

> 4) Open-source.  I think there is an implication that W3C
> recommendations can be, maybe are, all implemented in open-source.  I
> think they are implementable there, but actually the W3C doesn't even
> have a requirement for reference code (unlike, say, ISO), let alone
> that there be open-source implementation.  (The reference code from
> other bodies is generally made available free of charge to conforming
> implementations).  I actually find little evidence that the W3C is an
> 'open source' body.

In my view, there is no need for W3C to be in any form or shape an
organization promoting open source implementations.

All I ask is that W3C refrains from doing the opposite, i.e. I ask that
W3C not promote technologies which exclude users of fully open source
software systems.

Greetings,
Norbert
FreedomHTML.org