Re: Netflix HTML5 player in IE 11 on Windows 8.1

On Mon, 2013-07-08 at 20:08 -0700, John Foliot wrote:
> Duncan Bayne wrote:
> >
> > No-one here (to my knowledge) is arguing that companies should not be
> > free to work on DRM, or that customers should not be free to accept or
> > reject DRM systems by voting with their wallets.
>
> And I am pointing out that the W3C is a consortium of companies, academia
> and government - so you *are* arguing that companies should not be free to
> work on this technology, in a consortium that they are members of.

You should read W3C's mission. It's true of course that W3C has paying
members (not all of them in favor of EME), but they don't design
standards based only upon their own interest and not taking into
consideration what's best for all the web citizens.

Maybe I'm wrong, but in this case W3C should change its mission page to
reflect what you describe.