Re: Netflix HTML5 player in IE 11 on Windows 8.1

On Fri, 2013-07-05 at 17:11 -0700, John Foliot wrote:

> > > Then please tone down the complaints that the best others can do is
> > not to your taste.  It's easy to complain; what we need to do is find
> > better ways.
> >
> > We are not here to discuss personal tastes. If you can't find a better
> > way, then you should tone down the effort of standardizing solutions
> > that even you don't believe are great.
> >

> Mr. Roussos,
>
> I don't know you, don't know who you are, or even why I or others should even care to listen to what you have to say.
>
> I will tell you one thing however, we are not here to take your verbal abuse either.

Please Mr. Foliot stop being rude. I'm just stating my arguments, which
are of the same importance as Mr. Singer's arguments or even W3C's CEO
arguments. If you don't like it, you can skip my emails.

> As well, we are not here to take religion lessons from you or others
either, nor are we here for political indoctrination.

I haven't read any religion statement here. You either reading a
different list, or you are trying to insult the people that have a
different point of view than yourself.

> My suggestion to you (and you are free to take it or ignore it) is to listen to what the Director of the W3C has said (EME is in scope), what the CEO of the W3C has said (bring forth another solution - there is a place for that at the W3C), what professional standards officials have said (Mr. Singer is a senior Standards engineer at Apple), and what run-of-the-mill punters such as myself have said: "Stopping" this will not stand a snowball's chance; the best you can do is provide a better alternative.

My better alternative is no-DRM. It's the best alternative for users,
which are the most important set of people that we should think. Far
more important that Content owners.

> If that is not what you are expecting to hear from a standards body, then please sir, do tell us what you expect is going to happen here?

I expect EME to be rejected. A proposal about a standard on a W3C
working group doesn't always has to lead to standard or a technical
recommendation. We may have to accept that a proposal is just not good
enough.