Re: HTML5 and DRM - A Middle Path?

Well, with this constraints I believe I will not be affected, so then I
should not be worry about EME since I don't think I will never need to use
media protection the same way it was not offered to me until now (I use
Linux), but what about the ethical questions? Also, as a standarization
organism, should W3C promote only standards that don't require third party
elements to work? In other words, shouldn't it promote only standards that
can run anywhere and deployed from scratch from a technical point of view?
EME would allow to play CDMs in a binary blob, but if it's not available
for my OS, what's suposed I should do? Use a diferent OS? Wouldn't it be
better that W3C mandates that CDMs specifications are available so they
could be implemented by third parties (me)? This would reduce the amount of
available CDM mechanism, but also would allow to have a common base
available from everywhere and also they will be the best, flawless ones...