Re: "Enclosed shops" Re: HTML5 and DRM - A Middle Path?

It's not a bad idea, problem is that this don't prevent to this closed blob
during this two years do whatever it want (ehem PRISM coug). The best
solution would be an open specification that whatever can implement and
that to decode the content it require an arbitrary long key string provided
by distributor, probably in exchange of a reduced quantity of money, and
ideally offered in a exclusive user and content basis, what has been
commonly known by general public as "license" and by technicians as "public
RSA key" :-)

Problem is, that this require to publishers to encrypt each content for
each user, requiring huge CPU power, and also would prevent effectively
piracy if it's done really well (that's not the situation from a scientific
point of view, of course), so majors would not agree because their content
will not be played so often and also they will don't have anybody except
their content quality to make guilty of their not-so-poor revenues.

There are solutions to this problem since several years ago, problem is
that people suposed to be interested on them are not really interested at
all.