RE: [picture] spec text regarding sibling sources needing media or type attr

From: Greg Whitworth <gwhit@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 22:44:02 +0000
To: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, Yoav Weiss <yoav@yoav.ws>
CC: "public-respimg@w3.org" <public-respimg@w3.org>
>Yep. You need to ignore the authoring requirements when implementing;
>don't infer something the spec doesn't require you to do. :-)
>
>Also see
>
>https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/infrastructure.html#conformance-

>classes
>https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/introduction.html#conformance-

>requirements-for-authors
>
>and maybe
>
>http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1140242962&count=1

>cheers
>--
>Simon Pieters
>Opera Software

Yeah, we kind of noticed after Yoav emailed that the first sentence says "Authors ..." and it's kind of the inverse of the W3C specs where it's mainly implementer and author suggestions are called out, usually in a box of some sort. After seeing this we realized we need to read the fine print a little bit more and not just the IDL and algo stuff.  Thank you both for touching base!

Greg