Re: Title of the spec may cause heartache

On September 23, 2014 at 12:24:54 PM, Yoav Weiss (yoav@yoav.ws) wrote:
> > Maybe the best compromise is the LQIP technique you were advocating
> a while back - add the src with a very low quality image, with old
> browsers double downloading it (but since it's very small, the
> damage is minimal), and noscript users on old browsers get a low
> quality image, which is better than nothing.

I'm with Odin. The fallback is always "src". I understand it's a business decision to support responsive images on sites through a polyfill like picturefill, but the "responsible" thing to do is to degrade gracefully just using "src" (no need for a polyfill at all).