Re: Title of the spec may cause heartache

The double download issue should only be an issue while the browsers catch up with the correct implementation.

I think it would be remiss to exclude this from any CMS development causing issues further down the line to retrospectively reimplement any images on existing sites.

As for Jason's original post, yes absolutely this has been an issue when explaining picture.... but not picture.

" it's picture but without the picture element but with srcset and sizes..... Yes it's the same proposal. No, it's a different approach. No you don't need the picture tag. I know I know it's called picture but you don't..... ahhh forget it."

Thanks for writing that post, I'll be sure to circulate in this weeks newsletter and make a point about any confusion.

Justin