Title of the spec may cause heartache

From: Jason Grigsby <jason@cloudfour.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:45:31 +0200
To: "public-respimg@w3.org" <public-respimg@w3.org>
I've been finding it difficult to talk about the picture specification and
not have people assume that I'm talking about the picture element. In
reading what others have written as well, I see similar confusion. It is
easy to slip from talking about picture in one context to another and not
write clearly about which one you're talking about.

I think this will be a challenge for us as we move to educating people
because people will strongly associate the picture specification with the
picture element, but for the most common use case, resolution switching,
the picture element isn't the best solution.

Two questions for this group:

   1. Have you encountered similar concerns or challenges when describing
   the differences between the picture specification and the picture element?

   2. Do you have any alternative way of describing the picture
   specification that side steps this issue?

Thank You,

Jason

--
+1 (503) 290-1090 o | +1 (503) 502-7211 m | http://cloudfour.com