Re: What are the chances of syntax changes?

@Eduardo

That's related to some of my thoughts too. Here's what I'm currently
thinking about instances like this... Most likely a system that has that
much content would be utilizing a CMS, if that's the case it might be a
good idea to have additional images to be uploaded and use conditionals on
the client-side to determine if picture/@srcset are necessary. But in
regards to content like homes (exteriors/interiors), most likely you will
not be swapping out images due to viewport size but you will want to use
optimized images. We still have quite some time before true bandwidth
detection from the browser is able to be used, so solutions for
optimization will most likely happen on the server-side through a service
as you mentioned.