Re: Informing the browser of the expected size of the image

Google's John Mellor experimented with a similar idea a while back.
You can see the gist of it at
http://yoavweiss.github.io/respimg-blinkon-presentation/#/71/2 (click the
down arrow to see the image download progress. Apologies for the huge
images that are downloaded as part of the presentations :/ )