Re: We did it!

From: Odin Hørthe Omdal <odinho@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 12:22:49 +0200
To: public-respimg@w3.org
On Mon, Mar 31, 2014, at 20:38, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> Today, they reached the goal of US$10,000! What's more amazing is how
> quickly they got there - only took about a week! 171 amazing people
> contributed.

Congrats :D I tried being the first one (was $0 when I saw it), but it
was a race and I was too slow :P

I'm grateful for all the hard work you've all put into this, especially
the one's I've seen the most; Yoav, Marcos, Simon and Mat.

The respimg spec in its current morph is including all the nice things,
with the bread-and-butter problems being declarative and simple. I'm
still a (tiinsy winsy) bit afraid of what the worlds web developers will
do with it and misuse media queries for the basic things instead of
using srcset+sizes. But with so many web developer opinion leaders
(that's you on this list) who know and understand the problem area, I
think you'll get the point across.

It'll be interesting to see with Yoav's Blink implementation :)

--
  Odin Hørthe Omdal
  odinho@opera.com