Re: srcN - Alternative to picture and srcset

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 14:15:55 +0100
To: Cory Brown <oh.wise.man@gmail.com>
Cc: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>, Attiks <attiks@gmail.com>, Shane Hudson <Shane@shanehudson.net>, Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com>, "public-respimg@w3.org" <public-respimg@w3.org>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

On Friday, September 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Cory Brown wrote:

> I believe src can treated as an attribute where as currentSrc can be treated as a property, meaning it reflects actual state.

FWIW, I wasn't able to convince Hixie that currentSrc was a good idea for srcset. Collectively as a CG, we were unable to come up with a use case for it.

The counter argument goes that you should really use developer tools for finding out what the current source of an attribute is (instead of script).

--
Marcos Caceres