Re: srcN - Alternative to picture and srcset

On 27/09/2013 12:51 , Shane Hudson wrote:
> I quite like where Tab is going with this. I wonder though, would it be
> possible to have multiple srcs instead of numbering them? It feels kind
> of hacky. I'm pretty sure that browsers (both current and legacy) only
> take the first src in an img?

Having multiple src attributes with the same name would bring in all
sorts of issues. What would getAttribute("src") return? Or img.src? How
would you convince things that currently produce HTML to suddenly
support this when they so often rely on data structures that guarantee
key uniqueness? How would you make it work in XHTML? Etc.