Re: src-n viewport-url alternatives

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:
> Hi John and Tab,
> Would be very useful to have your input hereā€¦ thanks!
>

> On Friday, October 18, 2013 at 12:56 PM, David Newton wrote:
>
>> For me, and I suspect others, the viewport-url microsyntax is one of the more confusing parts the src-n proposal. It's clever, for sure, but it took me a long time to understand it (and I'm still not 100% convinced I do). I thought it would be a good idea to discuss what we're getting with viewport-url and if there are any better possible alternatives.

Yeah, a lot of people have expressed confusion, and I believe I
understand why.  To fix this, I've substantially rewritten the intro
and that section, to better focus on the purpose of that syntax branch
- to provide a shortcut syntax when the image's size is variable.

Please review <http://tabatkins.github.io/specs/respimg/Overview.html#viewport>
(or <http://tabatkins.github.io/specs/respimg/Overview.html#variable-size>,
once github's cache clears) and let me know if it's clearer!

~TJ