Re: What's wrong with UA sniffing and server side processing?.

On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Andy Davies wrote:
> > Without some understanding as to who completed the survey I think we have to be careful what conclusions can be drawn from the results. Do we have any ideas what sort of organisations the respondents came from and what size sites they run?
>

> Yes, was just a non-probablistic sample (survey we ran on twitter). We didn't get the data you mention above - just "do you have access to your server" or some such. We would like to run more scientific surveys, but alas we engineers make crappy sociologists. Again, apologies that I don't have the link! I'm hopeful Mat can provide it.
BTW, if you want to help us design and run another survey properly, that would be great. Our sister community group might be of interest also (it's helped informed a lot of things in the RICG and is run by many of the same people found here): http://webdevdata.org/