Re: Meet-up with browser representatives and the W3C

John,

Just quickly picking up on the point you made of tools generating proper
markup... while this is true, CMSes are often used to stop people worrying
about markup, it should not be something considered when it comes to
developing the standards. If we (as web developers) do not understand the
syntax, it should not be used. HTML is meant to be easy for beginners, so
to hear presumably experienced developers mention relying on tools.. makes
me shiver a bit!

So yeah, tools are good but we should definitely be able to write it
ourselves. I sometimes use CSS gradient generators, but only to speed up my
coding.

Sorry to be on the aggressive there but hopefully you understand where I'm
coming from.

Shane

--

Shane Hudson (Website Developer -