Re: CfC: to publish "The srcset attribute" specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>, 2013-02-27 14:45 +0100:

> On 27/02/2013 14:35 , Michael[tm] Smith wrote:
> >Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, 2013-02-27 12:42 +0000:
> >>Actually, we have the same problem in reverse. Some of us are not members
> >>of the HTML working group. Can I recommend we use:
> >>
> >>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/
> >
> >That list is fine if you want to have it there, but note that anybody can
> >subscribe to the public-html also -- it's now open to postings from
> >anybody, not just HTML WG members.
>
> And you'll get much better feedback there. Unless there's a strong reason
> not to go there, I strongly recommend using public-html.

Marcos pointed out to me that there's no [subscribe] link for public-html
at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ I think that's just an artifact of
its former config when it was restricted to postings from HTML WG members.
I've asked the W3C systems team to update the config so that [subscribe]
link shows up. In the mean time, I think you can subscribe by a message to
public-html-request@w3.org with the word "subscribe" in the subject. But if
you try that and it doesn't work, feel free to e-mail me directly and I can
manually subscribe anybody to the list.

  --Mike