Re: Reminder: Review Use Case and Req document

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Shane Hudson wrote:

> I am going to go through the document with a fine tooth comb, hopefully I will have nothing to report!
>
> One question I have, once it moves oer to the W3C, is this group still able to contribute?
Absolutely! it's just going to be sent for review by the HTMLWG. We still continue to have full control of the document for as long as we want. If the HTMLWG likes it and wants to help us with it, we will work on it as a joint deliverable.

Our ultimate goal is to have the UC&R document become the document that underpins both img@srcset and picture.

In the W3C standardization process [1], a specification can only go to Last Call if "the Working Group believes that it has satisfied its relevant technical requirements (e.g., of the charter or requirements document) in the Working Draft;"

We want *our* UC&R document to be those set of requirements. That is why it's so critical that everyone keeps working hard to make sure we articulate the requirement: so whatever happens, we get what we need!

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr#last-call

--
Marcos Caceres