Re: WebP, anyone using it?

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:00:01 +0100
To: Fran├žois REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Cc: Peter Gasston <pgasston@gmail.com>, Kevin Suttle <kevin@kevinsuttle.com>, public-respimg@w3.org

On Monday, October 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Fran├žois REMY wrote:
> By the way, I don't really grasp why the RespIMG spec should talk about
> image formats. This is very controversial and could create a lot of high N/S
> debates unrelated to the core issue (which is: responsive image).

The point is not to discuss particular formats. It is that, if as a developer, I have a smaller/faster/better image in some format, I should have some way of including it in the list of sources without needing to do browser detection.

Having said that, this falls in the "nice to have" category.

Marcos Caceres