Re: WebP, anyone using it?

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:00:01 +0100
To: Fran├žois REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Cc: Peter Gasston <pgasston@gmail.com>, Kevin Suttle <kevin@kevinsuttle.com>, public-respimg@w3.org

On Monday, October 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Fran├žois REMY wrote:
> By the way, I don't really grasp why the RespIMG spec should talk about
> image formats. This is very controversial and could create a lot of high N/S
> debates unrelated to the core issue (which is: responsive image).

The point is not to discuss particular formats. It is that, if as a developer, I have a smaller/faster/better image in some format, I should have some way of including it in the list of sources without needing to do browser detection.

Having said that, this falls in the "nice to have" category.

--
Marcos Caceres