Re: Meaning of identifierSpace and schemaSpace

Hi David Newbury,

OpenRefine does not process these IDs currently.  But users are certainly
able to do things with the fields, even if they manually form GET requests
to Recon endpoints.  I am not sure how much metadata is exposed currently
that users are able to interact with in OpenRefine for Recon services.
"cell" in a Recon object shows all the fields currently exposed.  Perhaps
Antonin can summarize that for us.

The idea of the IDs for these 2 fields is that the IDs sometimes hold
information...like metadata in a way.  They become useful I would say for
collaborative efforts sometimes, as is often the case with Linked Data.
Bits of info and hints of categories, domains, general classifications
sometimes show up in those URI or IDs, as they did with Freebase in
particular.

My definitions for these 2 fields in Reconciliation API would begin to look
like this...

schemaSpace :  A URI or ID that represents a group of entities by some
Domain or Schema, ex: "/usa/people/person", or "006_electronic_journals" or
simply "football"

identifierSpace: A URI or ID that represents a group??? of entities by some
???

Thad
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thadguidry/