Re: canonical representation

Hi everyone and happy new year,

Am 04.01.2016 um 17:25 schrieb Piero Savastano:
> Hi Ruben and RDFJS, happy new year :)
>
>     What we are looking for is:
>     – a name for this method or property
>        – current suggestions include .toCanonical() and .toNT()
>

> My preference is (in order):
> .canonical() - or directly as attribute - canonical

+1, that would also align with the other methods, like .iri, .blankNode,
etc. without "create" prefix.

>     – values this method or property should return
>         – e.g., "IRIs are surrounded by angular brackets"
>

> I would go for following as much as possible the N-quads format, with
> the addition of ?variables just as they are expressed in SPARQL
>
> <...> for IRIS, no prefixes
> "..." for literals
> ?... for variables

+1, but we have to define the escaping, like Ruben mentioned in the
other mail. I vote for this, because:

- reduces the code of a core library
- could be reused for [1] RDF Dataset Normalization

bergi

[1] http://json-ld.github.io/normalization/spec/