Re: report of the October meeting

On 20 October 2015 at 13:45, Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> A bit later than scheduled, but here is the report of the October meeting:
> https://github.com/rdfjs/rdfjs.org/wiki/Meeting-20151009
>
> Please let us know if there are any concerns.
> In any case, we look forward to the next one!

Just thinking out loud.

I suppose we all have our favourite js rdf libraries and favourite features.

OTOH we are a small group with divided resources.

Would it be fair to say that most of the RDF JS libs are in the category
"hobby project", no direspect meant by the term.

I'd suggest that maybe the MIT library (rdflib.js) has could be something
more given that there is a team behind it, tim is behind it, and MIT is
hiring new people to help with support and development:

http://crosscloud.org/jobs/

I've been using rdflib.js for the last 2 years, and im very happy with it,
in terms of functionality and performance.

Additionally, RDF Interfaces and RDF Simple were both designed based on
rdflib.js

Sure, it would be nice if there were a few more features added (frankly, I
dont need them just yet) and perhaps standardize some of the naming, api
and data structures.  And, definitely help is required with documentation.

But how about we use rdflib.js as a practical BASE library, along with, say
bergi's for Rdf Intefaces, rdfstore for sparql, n3.js for n3 etc.

Then pull it all together in a modular, while contribution to a hopefully
well looked after and long lived library.

I hope this is not too controversial a proposal.  I know there will be
other libs favoured, but can a commitment be made to provide consistent
support going forward?

Feedback welcome!