Re: High level sexy JS rdf interface?

On 20/12/2015 11:53 , Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>> 	- Has no visible artifacts of the RDF system like the URIs of data types
> This is a very important requirement indeed.
> SimpleRDF is a beautiful example already,
> and many more things are possible with ES6.

One thing I'm curious about, but haven't had time to explore: has anyone
looked into transpiling to support those goals? The typical JS project
includes a build step these days, so there's no reason to find one's
imagination limited by what can be piggybacked off vanilla JS.

A good example is how JSX has become the de facto templating system with
React. Templating has always been a pain, but inlining XML-like content
actually really shines (once you work your way past the initial doubt).
It all compiles down to React.createElement(...) but is much more
readable — which is the most important part.

I've also been wondering (but again without time to dig deeper yet) if
GraphQL could be of assistance there. So far we've been pretty strict in
processing all of our data as predictable JSON-LD across the system
(with a few RDFa corners), but since it's really all triples there are
quite a few cases in which it would be more natural to treat them as
such. GraphQL is definitely on the list of options we'd like to
investigate for this, if no one beats us to it we'll probably look into
it at some point, but it's not in the immediate pile.

--
• Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon
• http://science.ai/ — intelligent science publishing