Re: function to find concise bounded graph for SPARQL Updates for dealing with blank nodes

On 01/24/2014 01:33 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 1/24/14 6:46 AM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
>> interesting! personally i find blank nodes giving me often hard time...
>
> There's a simple way to understand blank node, it goes like this:
>
> RDF is a language [1] that enables encoding and decoding of information
> gleaned from observation. It is very much like natural language
> (conceptually) [2] but designed for the digital realm. A blank node
> provides the same functionality that a pronoun [3] delivers to natural
> language.
Thank you Kingsley!

I think I understand their purpose pretty well. Just find it hard to
deal with them in practice. In LevelGraph-JSONLD I opened an issue:
"clarify handling of blank nodes" and even plan to allocate dedicated
milestone to work on it -
https://github.com/mcollina/levelgraph-jsonld/issues/8#issuecomment-30234154

Reading threads like "Scope of blank nodes in RDF" makes it all look
even more complicated...
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2012Sep/0026.html

BTW I work at this very moment on fixing jsonld.js + browserify related
issues so LevelGraph-JSONLD can run in a web browser just like
LevelGraph and LevelGraph-N3 already do :)