Re: RDF MV* frameworks

So you want to take an RDF resource and format it as HTML, and vice versa?
Correct?

For the latter case, this is easy: RDFa can be used to read an RDF graph
out of an HTML document and write it to an RDF database.

However for out first case, there's not much in the way of generating HTML
from RDF. Which is rather curious, no?

I have some software I'm working on that ultimately hopes to do exactly
this, <http://magnode.org/>. It's not dealing with RDF data quite yet,
however. But I do have an idea for what I call "RDFa Templates",
essentially RDFa documents with explicit variables, as well as the standard
implicit variables (i.e. subgraph-matching bnodes), and some XSLT-like
control tags for doing things like iterating over multiple result matches,
and if-then-else conditions. I have a bad TR-like draft written up: <
http://magnode.org/rdfa-templating/>. I had an implementation, but it only
worked with Jade (the XML/HTML template language) and my own in-memory
SPARQL engine.

The upshot of this is you can parse the generated XML/HTML and get out the
exact same RDF graph that went into it. This also means that you can modify
the HTML, and know exactly what RDF data has been modified, satisfying your
MV* framework criteria.

I do believe someone has written an implementation of something similar to
this, but I forget the link. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Austin Wright.