Re: representing deserialized RDF - N3, JSON-LD, RDFa, XML/RDF

On 12/11/2013 12:37 AM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2013, at 3:06 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:
>> I would find it very cool if while using all those parsers/serializes we could keep common representation of deserialized dataset. Also we could support each other when it comes to working with modeling some complex topics like: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-concepts/#section-generalized-rdf | http://manu.sporny.org/2013/rdf-identifiers/ etc.
>
> In RDF.rb, we keep have a number of different classes and mixins to represent RDF information. The basic breakdown is the following structure:
>
> * Value, with subclasses Term, Graph, List and Statement.
> * Term, with subclasses Literal and Resource
> * Literal, with various sub-classes for different typed literals
> * Resource, with subclasses IRI and BNode
>
> There are also a variety of mixins to give Enumerable, Queryable, Mutable and so-forth behavior.
>
> In Javascript, I think if there was a common Statement class containing slots for subject, predicate, object and name, which could be a IRI, BNode or Literal, the various serializers and deserializers could generate or consume sets of these, which would provide one level of a common representation between the different tools.

Exactly, I would really like that we can use common way to deal with
various RDF constructs in javascript runtime. Statement, IRI, BNode and
Literal sound like good candidates to start with :)

We could also look at aligning all our test suits to prove that we all
can deal with common set of sample data. Possibly taking inspiration
from JSON-LD Implementation Report: http://json-ld.org/test-suite/reports/