Re: On RDF UIs (Sponate, Jassa, Facete)

On 12/4/13 5:08 PM, Claus Stadler wrote:
> I guess something similar as this extension for LevelDB:
> https://github.com/eugeneware/jsonquery-engine
> "A full MongoDB query language implementation with INDEXES for
> querying your levelup/leveldb database."
>
> Yes, this is similar to what we are aiming at with Jassa/Sponate -
> except that we want to have it with a SPARQL endpoint as the backend
> (via a set of declarative SPARQL-to-JSON mappings).

I am still confused about what being articulated above. Please note,
I've been designing and using data access virtualization layers (in
various guises) for 20+ years.

Let me ask my question differently: in a world where structured data is
accessible via HTTP, query services (like SPARQL), and constrained by an
abstract data model (e.g., EAV, RDF etc..), is there any reason for
MongoDB needs to be in the conversation re., Javascript based libraries
and frameworks aimed at data access?

I have zero interest in platform specific technology, once I smell leaks
in abstraction I simply move on. I need to know if I should invest any
of my time looking at this work. Bottom line, can I get this stuff up an
running without MongoDB or any other platform specific bits (e.g,
nodes.js) ?

Kingsley

--

Regards,