Re: owl:sameAs assertions in RDFa

On Apr 2, 2013, at 10:21 AM, Jeremy Tarling <jeremy.tarling@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> You need whitespace between the "owl" and the ":http:...", such as the
>> following:

>> resource="http://dbpedia.org/resource/Buckinghamshire_County_Council"></span>
>>
>> @xmlns is deprecated, and really shouldn't be used with HTML5. Add that
>> space, and it works on my distiller.
>>
>> > 2. <span vocab="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#" rel="sameAs"
>> resource="http://dbpedia.org/resource/Buckinghamshire_County_Council"></span>
>>
>> That works in my distiller, but seems painful!
>>
>> > 3. <span xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#" rel="owl:sameAs"
>> resource="http://dbpedia.org/resource/Buckinghamshire_County_Council"></span>
>>
>> That will work, but you're using the deprecated @xmlns prefix definition
>> path.
>>
>> > In each case I have run against your RDF extractor using the example
>> file here [1], only option 3 generates the desired sameAs statement.
>> >
>> > I note your point above about owl being included in the initial RDFa
>> context. Perhaps I am breaking that by declaring xmlns:rnews in the
>> document's <html> element
>>
>> No, that shouldn't break anything. All these variations (with the
>> correction in 1.) work on my distiller, note you can use the "From Form
>> Input" tab to copy-and-paste such examples. They also work on the W3C
>> RDFa distiller [3]
>>
>> If you'd like to discuss on IRC, i'm "gkellogg" on W3 and Freenode. I
>> hang out at #rdfa on irc.w3.org.
>>
>> Gregg
>>
>> [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/pyRdfa/#distill_by_input
>>
>> > JT
>> >
>> > [1] http://www.topdrawersausage.net/rnews-example.html
>> >

> Many thanks for the pointers with this Gregg. I traced the issue back to the DOCTYPE declaration in my source document, which was:
>
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML+RDFa 1.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-rdfa-1.dtd">
>
> You had explained previously that the feature I was using was part of RDFa 1.1, and that the owl vocab was pre-defined in the RDFa-1.1 default context, so when I changed the DOCTYPE to
>
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML+RDFa 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-rdfa-1.dtd">
>
> and then re-ran against your tool my extra owl:sameAs statement showed up fine.
>
> For some reason it still doesn't show up in the W3C tool though. I made a simpler version of my HTML doc, here are the results when running the same doc against the two tools:
>
> http://rdf.greggkellogg.net/distiller?format=turtle&in_fmt=rdfa&uri=http://www.topdrawersausage.net/RDFa-test.html
>
> http://www.w3.org/2007/08/pyRdfa/extract?format=turtle&uri=http://www.topdrawersausage.net/RDFa-test.html
>
> They look similar but the W3C tool does not extract that final statement:
>
> <http://www.bbc.co.uk/things/4c0ccb99-7042-49e5-bb44-338b540441eb#id> owl:sameAs <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Buckinghamshire_County_Council> .
>
> I wonder if this is because it is not loading the owl vocabulary into it's initial context?

Okay, the problem is, I pointed you to the older (RDFa 1.0) W3C distiller. The newer one is at [1]. You can see the parsing results at [2]. Note that the old distiller page does point to the newer version.

Gregg

[1] http://www.w3.org/2012/pyRdfa/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2012/pyRdfa/extract?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.topdrawersausage.net%2FRDFa-test.html&format=turtle&rdfagraph=output&vocab_expansion=false&rdfa_lite=false&embedded_rdf=true&space_preserve=true&vocab_cache=true&vocab_cache_report=false&vocab_cache_refresh=false

Gregg