Re: owl:sameAs assertions in RDFa

On Apr 1, 2013, at 10:10 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> On 4/1/13 12:59 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
>> On Apr 1, 2013, at 8:17 AM, Jeremy Tarling <jeremy.tarling@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> hello all
>>>
>>> I am trying to make an owl:sameAs assertion in some RDFa. I have the following code:

>>> (I have declared the rnews and owl prefixes elsewhere in the doc)
>>>
>>> When I test it only the first statement (rnews:about bbc:thing) is being picked up by linked data extraction tools, the owl:sameAs to the corresponding dbpedia URI is being ignored. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here please?
>> Using my distiller [1], If I use the followiing input:

>> I get the following output:
>>
>> @prefix owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#> .
>> @prefix rnews: <http://iptc.org/std/rNews/2011-10-07#> .
>>
>> <> rnews:about <http://www.bbc.co.uk/things/4c0ccb99-7042-49e5-bb44-338b540441eb#id> .
>>
>> <http://www.bbc.co.uk/things/4c0ccb99-7042-49e5-bb44-338b540441eb#id> owl:sameAs <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Buckinghamshire_County_Council> .
>>
>> Looks okay to me. Note "owl" is defined in the RDFa initial context.
>>
>> Gregg
>>
>> [1] http://rdf.greggkellogg.net/distiller
>
> Gregg,
>
> Why not share a complete HTML doc skeleton as this little episode could have a lot of future utility. If you don't mind, please just place the HTML doc you used at Web accessible location (URL).
>
> The owl:sameAs and rdfs:sameAs scenario has already spooked me :-)

Sure, I put up the document at [1] and a hook to my distiller processing the document is at [2]. Note that this example is a simple case of chaining in RDFa, where the object of a parent element becomes the subject of the child element. This works only with @rel (or @rev) and not with @property, as it's considered an /advanced/ feature.

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net

[1] http://greggkellogg.net/sameas-example.html
[2] http://rdf.greggkellogg.net/distiller?format=turtle&in_fmt=rdfa&uri=http://greggkellogg.net/sameas-example.html