Re: DC vs. DCTERMS in initial context

> As far as I remember, the advice of DCMI (Tom, correct me if I am
> wrong) was to use only /dc/terms in future, [...]
> Personally, I would like to defer the choice to DCMI.

The choice to prefer DCTerms for current/future use is one thing.

The problem arises when you change existing RDFa to RDFa 1.1 and rely on
the initial context. In this case, the RDF output doesn't comply to the
DCMI recommendations. I came across this when I tried to convert the
RDFa 1.0 example in wikipedia [1] to RDFa 1.1, removing XML namespace
declarations while doing so.

I expected the same RDF triples thanks to the initial context, but got

<http://example.org/john-d/>
    <http://purl.org/dc/terms/creator> "Jonathan Doe"@en;

instead of the original
<http://example.org/john-d/>
    <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/creator> "Jonathan Doe"@en;

Now dc:creator (or http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/creator) may be used
with literals, so the original RDFa 1.0 was OK.
OTOH, dcterms:creator, according to the user guide [2], must not be used
with literals. I had overrule the initial context and insert the
corresponding prefix into the HTML+RDFa 1.1 example to make it work.

I don't know how many will change from existing markup to 1.1, but if
they do there'll be some more unwanted literals as dcterms:creators out
there.

Maybe it'd be enough to point this out somewhere. I have no idea how
relevant it will become.

Cheers
Oskar

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RDFa#XHTML.2BRDFa_1.0_example