Re: Complexity of RDFa

Hi Constantine,

I've always felt that the W3C RDFa examples that show markup embedded in
prose discussions of upcoming picnics were going to give the wrong
impression about how easy it would be to automate the insertion of this
markup. A lot of the ASP, PHP, and JSP programmers are reading data from
relational databases and generating HTML tables on the fly (e.g. airline
and theater schedules) and adding extra attributes and/or wrapper
elements within the rows of those tables to show which td element has
the start time and which has the price is very little trouble.

I suppose I understand the attitude of not wanting to clutter up their
output with new stuff for this new application, and wanting to put it
into a header instead, but like the class attribute that their code
would have added to provide hooks to a CSS stylesheet, RDFa adds
semantics that can provide hooks to all kinds of applications, so I
think it's worth it.

Bob