FW: Major change to a SIOC term: User is now called UserAccount

From: Breslin, John <john.breslin@nuigalway.ie>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:43:26 -0000
To: <semantic-web@w3.org>, <deri.ie-all@lists.deri.org>, <public-rdfa@w3.org>, <semanticweb@yahoogroups.com>
-----Original Message-----
From: John Breslin [mailto:john.breslin@nuigalway.ie]
Sent: 25 March 2010 10:11
To: SIOC-Dev
Subject: Major change to a SIOC term: User is now called UserAccount

>From http://sioc-project.org/node/341

As per recent discussions on the SIOC developers mailing list and
requests from many parties requesting clarification of the term
sioc:User (which has oft been confused with foaf:Person), we are happy
to announce that the new term sioc:UserAccount  has been added to the
ontology in replacement of the now-deprecated sioc:User term (in
revision 1.35 of the SIOC ontology).

The SIOC specification has been updated accordingly, and knock-on
effects to SIOC modules have been corrected.

*We would ask all application maintainers to update your code to
reflect this change, i.e., replace User with the new term
UserAccount.*

We have updated the various figures showing the connections internally
between SIOC terms, and also between SIOC, FOAF and SKOS.
http://sioc-project.org/node/341

Please discuss this change on this thread.

Thanks!