Re: HTML5 and RDFa

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 21:42:55 +0100
To: Sergey Chernyshev <sergey.chernyshev@gmail.com>
Cc: RDFa Community <public-rdfa@w3.org>
On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 14:29:09 -0400
Sergey Chernyshev <sergey.chernyshev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I was originally mailing the old list, but it's still
> mentioned all over the place - what's the right place for such
> questions? Hope public+rdfa is the right place ;)

Yep, public-rdfa is the place for general questions.

> I'm sorry for not following whole HTML5 + RDFa discussion to close
> lately, by I came across the practical issue of picking a DOCTYPE for
> my project on performance side (Show Slow) and there are no reasons
> why I shouldn't pick HTML5 DOCTYPE except for one - I want RDFa there.

There's an HTML+RDFa specification published by the HTML Working Group
with input from the RDFa Working Group. It's still just a Working
Draft, and it's not supported by the W3C validator, but if you're not
concerned about getting a big green tick from the validator, it's
probably your best bet.

HTML5+RDFa is supported by my Perl RDFa parser, RDF::RDFa::Parser; by
Ivan's PyRDFa, and by Damien Steer's java-rdfa. Probably others too.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>