Does RDFa processing recurse into content:encoded?

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard.cyganiak@deri.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 19:29:14 +0000
To: Public RDFa <public-rdfa@w3.org>
Cc: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>, Lin Clark <lin.clark@deri.org>, Tobias Wunner <tobias.wunner@deri.org>
Hi,

A question. What triples are generated from the following HTML+RDFa
snippet?

     Hi, I'm <span property="foaf:name">Richard</span>!

My reading of the spec is that it should create one triple, with
subject <>, property [content:encoded], and an rdf:XMLLiteral as object.

My reading is that no foaf:name triple is generated, because RDFa
processing doesn't recurse into rdf:XMLLiterals.

Is this correct?

I'm asking because Drupal 7 puts a property="content:encoded" on the
body of any page, which is a reasonable thing to do, but according to
my understanding means that you cannot put RDFa markup into the body
of a Drupal 7 page (because RDFa processing doesn't recurse into the
body). If that's indeed the case, then I'll probably have to raise
this as an issue with the Drupal folks.

Thanks a lot,
Richard

--
Linked Data Technologist  Linked Data Research Centre
Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI), NUI Galway, Ireland