Re: RDFa, FUD and ethics

  Hello,

I think Keith's suggestion to implement a license to be added to the
RDFa is very good. That is one grey area of semantic content (RDFa)
re-use and meshing that needs a clearer model. So by automatically
including this licensing, I know I can re-use the data (or even better,
the machine readable info can be automatically read by machines and used).

I also like Christopher St John's idea of using explanatory text:

    Then how about a warning along the lines of:

      "Drupal defaults to being very open to optimize search
      engine results and promote data reuse. You can make Drupal
      more closed, but that might lower your search engine rankings.
      Here's how to close it up."

So in closing, I think that RDFa should be switched on by default, but
with licensing (CC by default) and better help text in place.

Cheers,

David