Re: [Fwd: DBpedia Pages now include RDFa]

Shane McCarron wrote:
> Happy to!
>
> Basically, what you need to remember is that XHTML+RDFa is an XML
> dialect, so the document first and foremost needs to be xml well formed.

This I know, the page is generated :-)
>   In particular this means that elements with EMPTY content models
> (like img) need to be terminated, attribute values need to have values
> and those values need to be quoted, ampersands that are literal
> ampersands need to be expressed as an entity.  So... for example,
> embedded URLs need to have ampersands changed to &.  img elements
> need to have '/>' at their end.
> You can see the complete set of errors for that page at
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fpage%2FAlbert_Einstein&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0
>

> Some of the errors are not really a big deal - parsers don't care
> about validation per se.  But they do care about well-formedness so it
> is important the document be well formed.
>
> Does this help?  Or do you need some more specific suggestions?
Just need technical description of problems, I am very familiar with all
the technology and technical details.

Basically, just need rapid-fire identification of technical issue.

Since we have our own DBMS hosted XML parser, I just need to check how
come we didn't add validation to the generation process :-)

Kingsley

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen