Re: Wiki-based vocabulary website idea

Manu,

I absolutely support your principle idea re vocabulary management. There is
indeed a need for people to find, share, and create vocabularies. However,
please let us not reinvent the wheel here or even worse creating an
RDFa-specific solution, as this is a general RDF issue.

As already many people (incl. me ;) have put considerable time and thoughts
into this issue, please consider reviewing the following resources, projects
and efforts before you continue:

+ VoCamps [1], BarCamp-like meet-up for creating and extending vocabularies;
+ Knoodl [2], a community-oriented vocabulary and knowledge-bases editing
environment with Wikis;
+ OpenVocab [3], a lightweight, community-driven Web-site for maintaining
terms (classes and properties);
+ Neologism [4], a Drupal-based RDF-Schema editor;
+ Vocabify, [5], a tool allowing to lift RDF schemas from instance data;

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://vocamp.org/wiki/Main_Page
[2] Knoodl, http://www.knoodl.com/
[3] OpenVocab, http://open.vocab.org/
[4] Neologism, http://neologism.deri.ie/
[5] Vocabify, http://kwijibo.talis.com/vocabify/

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
National University of Ireland, Lower Dangan,