Re: RDFa Documents For Dreamweaver versions 8 -> CS4

Hello Manu

Manu Sporny wrote:
> Martin McEvoy wrote:
>
>> Martin McEvoy wrote:
>>
>>> Please See:  http://rdfa.info/wiki/Publish#HTML.2BRDFa_Editors
>>>
>> Just thought you all might like to know the RDFa Documents DW Extension
>> has been approved by Adobe QA and is officially available for download from
>>
>> http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1759526
>>

> Nicely done, Martin! Congrats on getting it through Adobe QA.

Thanks  :)

> Don't know if you've seen this yet:
>
> http://www.webteacher.ws/2009/03/10/an-rdfa-extension-for-dreamweaver/

I have read it Laura notified me via twitter as soon as it was
published, I think what Laura was expecting from the extension was far
beyond what the extension can actually do, I haven't responded to Laura
yet because truthfully I don't know what to say to her apart from "I'm
sorry the extension hasn't worked out for you",  that being said on the
whole the extension has been well received. and I have taken Laura's
issue's very seriously however and hope to resolve them (a little) in
the next release.

I will answer Laura's main concern "where is that tag library", Its
there, Its the HTML tag Library but with RDFa properties too, If you go
to edit => Tag Libraries, HTML tags and expand one of the elements you
can see all the "extra" RDFa attributes.

The Tag Library did at one point during testing also support Inserting a
tag via the UI, Insert => Tag, but I chose for now not to include it
because it wasn't really intuitive enough, it had a long list of boxes
where a user still had to insert the RDFa by hand, so all you get at the
moment is to insert RDFa a code level with a predictive text drop down
list which I think is better because would-be RDFa authors *do* have to
understand RDFa at code level first.

The next planned release will go a little further, I would like to
include the RDFa Primer in the DW Reference library to help new authors
get going with RDFa (If thats OK with those concerned) , and also  a
dozen or more useful snippets of RDFa that an author can insert at will
and just modify the example with their own information. Anyone is quite
welcome to get Involved helping me compile some suitable snippets for
the next release (I will give them due credit of course).

David Peterson did a nice write up about what you can actually do with
the  RDFa Documents extension here :
http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2009/03/05/publish-rdfa-with-dreamweaver/

> The extension has generated some good feedback and made a number of
> Dreamweaver folks excited, which is a good thing. :)

Which is a very good thing indeed. :)

Thanks

--
Martin McEvoy

http://weborganics.co.uk/

"You may find it hard to swallow the notion that anything as large and apparently inanimate as the Earth is alive."
Dr. James Lovelock, The Ages of Gaia