[ANN] Thesaurus for Economics (beta)

From: Neubert Joachim <J.Neubert@zbw.eu>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 16:04:17 +0100
To: <public-rdfa@w3.org>
I am happy to announce here a complete beta version of the "Thesaurus
for Economics (STW)". It is available under

http://zbw.eu/beta/stw <http://zbw.eu/beta/stw>

As an RDFa application, it is built from a SKOS representation of the
thesaurus and aims to provide an interlinking hub for economics
resources on the web of linked data. Therefore the vocabulary will be
published under a CC (by-nc-sa) license in the very near future.

Some technical background can be found at
<http://zbw.eu/beta/stw/versions/latest/tech_background/about.en.html> .
As some things has changed since the first tech preview (especially a
seperate namespace for SKOS vocabulary extensions has been introduced)
and the large dataset may reveal some new issues, I would be happy to
receive more feedback. Particularly about the URI design and the
approach to versioning (preserving the concept's identity but providing
"historical data" for human lookup) - but all comments about how the
usefulness of the application could be increased are highly welcome.

Cheers, Joachim

Joachim Neubert

IT Development

German National Library of Economics (ZBW)