Re: RDFa in rdfa blog and wiki

On 15/1/09 13:36, Wagner, Claudia wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wondered why the rdfa.info blog and the wiki do not expose any RDFa data?
> The wiki (which is a Media Wiki?) could use the RDFa Media Wiki Extension described in
> http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~hornungt/papers/semwiki08.pdf
>
> For the blog the theme could be easily modified to annotate the content with RDFa or/and the Wordpress SIOC Exporter [1] could be used to generate a RDF/XML description of the blog.

Slightly different angle, but I do encourage RDFa folk to take a look at
TiddlyWiki.

http://www.tiddlywiki.com/
see also http://tiddlyresume.com/

This is a wiki that can run from a single locally saved HTML file
(css/.js etc inline). It can save state locally via file:/// including
extra files when needed. I installed it via 'wget
http://osmosoft.com/~psd/TiddlyWikiDeviceAccess/' and then loading that
into firefox, and it works fine. First time you use it, the browser will
let you grant it permission to save files locally.

I reckon something like this but with RDFa could make a really nice
local db. Data could be stored in RDFa or json or both, querying could
be done through something like
http://rdfquery.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/demos/markup/markup.html and if
the persistent form kept semantics explicit (unlike current TiddlyWiki)
the documents could be easily indexed by other tools. I think
TiddyWiki's persistent db at the moment is a <pre> with wiki markup, and
that their notation is close to MediaWiki's. But the on-disk storing
trick on its own makes this worthy of investigation...

cheers,

Dan

--
http://danbri.org/