Re: New Perl RDFa Parser

On 13 Jan 2009, at 16:50, Dan Brickley wrote:

> Does it have the same behaviours as http://buzzword.org.uk/
> swignition/rdfa ?

There's a note at the bottom of that page that describes which quirks
they share.

> I don't entirely like having my RDF rewritten to include un-
> intended references to http://thing-described-by.org/ - although I
> can see value in having this as an opt-in feature.
>
> Ah, I see
>   'tdb'     => 1,  # Switch to 0 to turn off t-d-b.org feature.
> ... can I suggest the default be for usage to require explicit opt-in?

I'll consider that for 0.02.

> Context - I'm looking at XML Signature for RDFa currently, and I
> need RDFa parsers that emit the graph that the signed document
> encodes. While thing-described-by is a cool idea, I can't find a
> privacy policy for the site. I'd prefer to know whether it keeps
> HTTP logs before using it in real apps.

David Booth, who set it up, encourages people to build optimisations
into their apps that bypass his domain entirely, so when looking for
a description of http://thing-described-by.org?foo to simply request
foo directly.

I've CCed David - is there a privacy policy for t-d-b.org?

> Back re RDFa parsing --- does the new Perl code pass all the tests?
> And will it be in CPAN soon? :)

It almost certainly fails some of the XML Literal ones. Other than
that I would expect it to mostly work properly.

It's been uploaded to PAUSE and I'm waiting for the module namespace
to be approved for CPAN.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>