HTML5 & SQL Engine Persistence

Dan Brickley wrote:

> Can the advanced facilities in HTML5 (eg. SQL persistence) be usefully
> combined with RDFa usage scenarios. For example, can we
> load/store/cache parsed RDFS/OWL schemas within the browser? Can we
> use the browser's crypto APIs to check the schema hasn't been
> maliciously interfered with? Can we serialize the in-page RDFa triples
> into the browser's SQL store and perform SPARQL queries on it (i)
> within the SQL environment through query rewriting (ii) using
> in-memory .js SPARQL implementations...

All,

Dan's comments above just rekindled another point of confusion and
concern for me re. HTML5. Why do we have the notion of SQL persistence
instead generic DBMS persistence? There are many DBMS models for
persisting data, and each is accessible for queries and CRUD via
standard APIs.

Why aren't we considering a more generic notion of DBMS persistence
instead of model specific SQL persistence?

--

Regards,

President & CEO