Re: Updates to RDFa Use Cases

Manu Sporny wrote:

> Another Q/A page has been started concerning questions surrounding RDFa,
> including common red-herrings and repeated discussions (with answers)
> that can be avoided when discussing what RDFa can and cannot do:
>
> http://rdfa.info/wiki/common-arguments-against-rdfa
>
> Help in filling out both pages would be greatly appreciated.

While I understand the frustration, the use of the term red-herring in
this context tends to escalate rather than deescalate the tensions.

I logged in via OpenId, but when I attempted to edit a page, I received
the following message:

    The action you have requested is limited to users in the group
    emailconfirmed.

Meanwhile, here are a few pointers which can be mined for additions to
that page:

http://inamidst.com/notes/rdfinhtml
   "only chartered to solve the problem for XHTML"

http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2009-January/018242.html
   "but HTML is parsed different than XHTML..."

http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/DesignPrinciplesReview#head-05402097db7a587b84515a314513fa9e40886a7c
   "invisible metadata"

http://intertwingly.net/blog/2008/11/12/RDFaification#c1226526843
   "qName antipattern"

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Sep/0040.html
   "two different definitions for rel attribute"

- Sam Ruby