Re: Digg RDFa SIOC - Part 2 - Community and Forums

Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Manu,
>
> Here is example of how we RDFize Digg:
> http://tinyurl.com/3jtysp

Neat - first time I've used OpenLink Data Explorer. :)

I found the "What" section most useful and the "When" and "SVG Graph"
sections neat. I think there is a great amount of untapped usefulness in
the "When" timeline view for news and comments.

The data was interesting to look at as well, it has a couple of things
about Digg that I didn't think of marking up - namely:

sioc:has_reply (for posts)
sioc:container_of (which could be reasoned given the rest of the
                   information on the page, but is good that it's marked
                   up - no need to make the reasoning agents guess.)
sioc_types:Comment (instead of sioc:Post - it's more accurate)
sioc:topic (is this directly related to sioc:Forum?)

Is this stuff extracted automatically, Kingsley? Is there a
Digg-specific data crawler? Curious as to how the crawler determines the
data as it's quite accurate.

> I'll have our omissions fixed so that we have a complete RDF based graph
> of Digg which should ultimately aid RDFa renditions of the original
> (X)HTML resources from Digg.

Hopefully you won't have to update your omissions if Digg starts
publishing more SIOC RDFa :)

Is there some other vocabulary that you have seen apply to other sites
that you think Digg might also use?

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny