Re: RDFa Publishers

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:53:45 -0700
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
CC: Steve Williams <sbw@digg.com>, "public-rdfa@w3.org" <public-rdfa@w3.org>

Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Yes, there was some confusion :-) But here is the critical clarification
> (from you):
> Yahoo is consuming Triples, but not exposing (on the Web) the data
> gleaned from the Triples (data sources) in any of the standard Triple
> serialization formats.
>
> Is the statement above correct?

Kingsley,

I think the statement above might be technically correct, but
incomplete. The best way to explain it is: please go try the Creative
Commons SearchMonkey application, it will take you 30 seconds. You do
need to be logged into Yahoo to see it, but it is accessible to anyone
who wants it.

Some data has been exposed to the world without logging in: if you have
a Yelp result in Yahoo search, then *everyone* gets the enhanced result.
So far, none of these by-default enhanced results are RDF-based, but
surely some of them will be, eventually.

But is Yahoo running a generic GRDDL service for everyone? No, I don't
think that's their intent.

-Ben