2009 Semantic Technology Conference - Call For Presentations

From: Eric Franzon <ericaxel@wilshireconferences.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 07:52:00 -0700
To: <semantic-web@w3.org>
Apologies for cross-posting

SemTech 2009:

June 14-18, 2009

Fairmont Hotel, San Jose, California

Start the Submission Process:

Interested practitioners, developers and researchers are hereby invited

to present a paper at the fifth annual conference focused on the

application of Semantic Technologies to Information Systems and the Web.

The event will be held on June 14-18, 2009 at the Fairmont Hotel

in San Jose, California.

The conference will comprise multiple educational tracks, including

tutorials, technical topics, business topics, and case studies. We

are particularly seeking presentations on currently implemented

applications of semantic technology in both the enterprise

and internet environments.

A number of appropriate topic areas are identified at

Speakers are invited to offer additional topic areas related to

the subject of Semantic Technology if they see fit.

The conference is designed to maximize cross-fertilization

between those who are building semantically-based products and

those who are implementing them. Therefore, we will consider

research and/or academic treatments, vendor and/or analyst reports

on the state of the commercial marketplace, and case study presentations

from developers and corporate users. For some topics we will include

introductory tutorials.

The conference is produced by Semantic Universe

a joint venture of Wilshire Conferences, Inc. and Semantic Arts, Inc.

Questions regarding speaking opportunities can be addressed to Eric

Franzon of Wilshire Conferences at +1-310-337-2616 x101, or by email

at ericaxel@semantic-conference.com.

Sponsorship opportunities are also available for appropriate media

and vendor organizations. For sponsorship information, please contact

Steve Bastasini at +1-415-740-5528 or email

The most recent conference drew over 1000 attendees. We expect to

increase that in 2009. The attendees, most of whom were senior and

mid-level managers, came from a wide range of industries and

About half were new to Semantics and we expect that ratio to be the same

this year. When you respond, indicate whether your presentation is

appropriate for those new to the field, only to experienced

and whether it is more technical or business-focused (we're looking for
a mix).

Tracks (Topic Areas)

The conference program will include 60-minute, six-hour, and

three-hour presentations on the following topics:

Key Dates & Speaker Deadlines

Proposal Submissions Due         November 24, 2008

Speakers notified of selection      December 16, 2008

Speaker PowerPoint files due      May 18, 2009

All proposals must be submitted via the online Call for Papers

Questions and Inquiries

All questions and inquiries about speaking at the conference may be
directed to:

All questions and inquiries about exhibiting and sponsorships may be
directed to:

General inquiries about the conference may be directed to:

Start the proposal process at:

Semantic Universe

300 Corporate Pointe, Suite 515

Culver City, CA 90230