Re: RDFa in Drupal core

David Peterson wrote:

> Do you see any other useful, general purpose vocabs that would make
> sense to plug into such an open framework? One key strength of
> Drupal is
> its sense of tagging content.

You should probably check out Richard Newman's Tag Ontology <http://
www.holygoat.co.uk/projects/tags/> which is a very complete and
flexible system for tagging content. There are essentially two ways
of using it - the easy way:

	<#someResource>
	  tags:taggedWithTag
	    [ a tags:Tag ; tags:tagName "this" ] ,
	    [ a tags:Tag ; tags:tagName "that" ] .

Which could be used a bit like this using RDFa:

	    This resource is tagged with:
	    rel="tags:taggedWitgTag tag">
	        property="tags:tagName">this</span>
	    </a>
	    and
	    rel="tags:taggedWitgTag tag">
	        property="tags:tagName">that</span>
	    </a>

There's also the re-ified way, where you have a "Tagging" which is an
event by which tags are assigned to a resource. It works a bit like
this:

	<#someResource>
	  tags:tag
	    [
	      a tags:Tagging ;
	      tags:taggedBy
	        [ a foaf:Person ; foaf:name "Toby Inkster" ] ;
	      tags:taggedOn
	        "2008-10-02"^^xsd:date ;
	      tags:associatedTag
	        [ a tags:Tag ; tags:tagName "this" ] ,
	        [ a tags:Tag ; tags:tagName "that" ]
	    ] .

This could be marked up with RDFa like:

	            >Toby Inkster</span>
	        tagged this resource as
	        rel="tags:associatedTag">
	            property="tags:tagName">this</span>
	        </a>
	        and
	        rel="tags:associatedTag">
	            property="tags:tagName">that</span>
	        </a>

(The indentation in those examples is quite horrible. Apple Mail has
terrible line wrapping, so I had to keep lines short to avoid
triggering it.)

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>