Re: A roadmap for RDFa in Drupal core

Stephane Corlosquet wrote:
> Following up on the recent excitements of the Drupal community and Dries
> in particular, I've posted what could be a roadmap for implementing RDFa
> in the next version of Drupal core. I am very keen on getting feedback
> from the RDFa community in order to make sure I haven't overlooked anything.
>
> http://groups.drupal.org/node/16597

Looks great, Stephane! I didn't think that you guys would move so
quickly... it's great to see some RDFa traction in Drupal. I think your
approach is solid.

> Feel free to comment with ideas and opinions. There are also some open
> questions which go beyond the scope of Drupal itself.

A couple of comments/questions:

- You should give admins the option to enable/disable RDFa output for
  SIOC/FOAF/etc. Disabling RDFa output, however, shouldn't change the
  DOCTYPE in case one of the content authors wants to explicitly embed
  RDFa via the content editor.
- Will Drupal now be the largest implementation of GRDDL?
- I think the biggest problem that all CMSes are going to have is
  WYSIWYG editing of RDFa. Are there plans for this yet? I haven't
  really seen this done in an intuitive way - just wondering if you guys
  had put some thought into it.
- "RDFa in content types and fields" - this is a fantastic way to
  automatically mark up content. You might consider being able to
  enable/disable this on a per-entry basis - people might not want
  to make certain entries machine-readable/crawl-able.

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny
President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.

blog: POSIX Threads Don't Scale Past 100K Concurrent Web Requests
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2008/09/30/scaling-webservices-part-1

blog: Fibers are the Future: Scaling Past 100K Concurrent Requests
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2008/10/21/scaling-webservices-part-2